Fact sheets and statistics offer a quick and easy way to convey complex issues so that they can be understood by all.
The fact sheets and statistical overviews included here have been collected from a variety of sources and convey details on crime and victimization. The topics covered include general crime rates, victim impact statements, elder abuse and violence against women and other specific groups in society that are affected by crime.
This year’s fact sheets have been updated to help you enhance your education and awareness efforts about victims’ rights during Victims and Survivors of Crime Week.
- Testimonial Aids
- Testimonial Aids for Young Victims and Witnesses
- Publication Bans
- Victim Impact Statements
- Community Impact Statements
- Restitution Orders
- Homicide in Canada, 2011
- Health Impacts of Violent Victimization
- Measuring Violence Against Women
- The Impacts and Consequences of Criminal Victimization
- Children and Youth as Victims of Violent Crime
- Use of Victim Impact Statements at Sentencing and Parole
- An Introduction to the Crime Severity Index
- SNAPSHOT: Persons with Activity Limitations
- SNAPSHOT: Male Victims of Violent Crime
- Aboriginal People among Victims of Crimes
- An Estimation of the Economic Impact of Violent Victimization in Canada, 2009
- Cyber-Related Crime
- Hate Crime
- An Estimation of the Economic Impact of Spousal Violence in Canada, 2009
These fact sheets can be used in:
- speeches and presentations;
- media announcements;
- letters to the editor;
- public service announcements;
- calls for action to local officials;
- or as stand alone summaries.
Additional information and more detailed statistics can be accessed on the following Government of Canada Web sites:
- Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics
- Department of Justice Canada
- National Clearinghouse on Family Violence
- Public Safety Canada
It may also be possible to access statistical information on crime and victimization in your own community or region through your local police service, library, newspaper or victim-serving organizations.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: