The Victims and Survivors of Crime Week Call For Proposals has now ended. We are no longer accepting funding proposals.
The Government of Canada provides funding for organizations to host events during Victims and Survivors of Crime Week.
The deadline to submit applications for funding is February 12, 2018.
Through the Department of Justice Canada Victims Fund, limited financial assistance (up to $10,000 per organization) is available each year for projects that support the goals of Victims and Survivors of Crime Week. The key goal of Victims and Survivors of Crime Week is to raise awareness about the issues facing victims and survivors of crime and about the services, assistance and laws in place to help victims and their families.
Victims and Survivors of Crime Week also acknowledges the work of victim service providers and their dedication in assisting victims and survivors of crime and their families.
Some examples of events and activities that could be organized during Victims and Survivors of Crime Week include:
- Workshop or information sessions on victim and survivor issues or relevant topics;
- Public awareness events (e.g. volunteer recognition event, information kiosk, etc.);
- Social media campaigns and electronic resources on services available to victims and their families and/or victim and survivor issues;
- Training for justice system professionals on victim and survivor needs;
- Special issue of a newsletter dedicated to Victims and Survivors of Crime Week; and,
- Radio, newspaper or television ads promoting Victims and Survivors of Crime Week and/or providing information on victim and survivor services.
The maximum amount of funding that can be provided by the Department of Justice Canada for each organization partnering on a proposed project cannot exceed $10,000, and only one project per applicant will be given consideration. Geographic distribution, the collaborative nature of the proposed projects and how well projects reflect the Victims and Survivors of Crime Week theme may be considered during the review process.
- Date modified: